Payment & Shipping Terms:
Sack gabion is a type of cylindrical gabion basket. It is made of high quality steel wire with hot dipped galvanized, electric galvanized surface treatment. It can also be made of PVC coated wires or Galfan wires. The high quality material maintains the durable and long service life. The high quality materials can be made into solid structure sack gabions, which can be used in the river banks and other emergency construction sites. It can prevent the river or flood erosion, it can also protect the bridges and piers.
Structure of sack gabions
The sack gabion has a solid and durable structure. The sack gabion consists of mesh wire, selvedge wire, lacing wire, reinforced wire and tie wire. The mesh wires are produced into a series of double twist hexagonal shapes sheet. Then the sheet will be wrapped by the thicker selvedge wire to form a reinforced cylindrical basket. And both end of the sack gabions will be added lacing wire, which is used to bind the gabion. There are reinforcing wires inserted when producing the sack gabion to facilitate closing during installation.
Installation of sack gabions
The sack gabion is commonly packed in flat sheet during transporting. When you use them, just unfold the gabion sheet and wrap one end of the sack gabion by lacing wires. Then throw the stones into the gabion cage by machine or workers. When the sack gabion is filled with stones, just wrap the other end of sack gabion by lacing wire.
The sack gabion is commonly supplied flat.
Install the sack gabion, filled it with stones and tighten up the opening.
Specifications of sack gabion
• Material: hot-dipped galvanized wire, electric galvanized wire, PVC coated wire and Galfan wire.
• Wire diameter: 2.7 mm.
• Selvedge wire diameter: 3.4 mm.
• Tie wire diameter: 2.2 mm.
• Aperture: 50 mm × 70 mm, 60 mm × 80 mm, 80 mm × 100 mm, 100 mm × 120 mm.
• Tensile strength: more than 515 MPa.
Features of sack gabion
• Reinforced wire insert. Reinforced wires are inserted to facilitate closing during installation.
• Good flexibility and permeability. Will not be destroyed by the rapid floods.
• Withstand large-scale deformation and does not collapse.
• Corrosion and rust resistance, which can be used in the poor weather and harsh environments.
• Resistance to the natural destruction and poor weather. Can maintain the good performance in the salty or other harsh environments.
• Convenient to transport. The sack gabion is supplied in flat pieces, which is save space and freight cost.
• Easy to install and assemble. Just put the stones into the cage, which need no special skills.
• Environmental-friendly. The plants can grow in the stone gaps, which can let the sack gabion blend with surrounding environments.
Insert reinforcing wire for solid structure and easy installation.
Package of sack gabion
• The sack gabion is commonly supplied in the bundles. The cylindrical cage is compressed and strapped together to form flat sheets. The sheets are packed into bundles for easy loading, handling, transporting and unloading.
• The lacing wire is supplied in rolls, when you need them, just cut into you wanted length by pliers.
• If you need the ring fasteners and fastener tools, we can also supply for you. They are supplied in boxes.
Applications of sack gabion
Sack gabion is widely used in the emergent or river training projects. Especially in the rainy summer. The sack gabion can resist to the flood and protect the safe if embankment, people and properties.
Sack gabion can also be used in the projects where need fast installation and with solid and durable structures.